Don’t be a Grinch this holiday season! If the holiday bug has yet to bite you, try these holiday spirit inducing activities.
If you haven’t put up a Christmas Tree yet , what exactly are you waiting for? Here is your written invitation to do so, at the very least deck your halls with some lights, candle canes, and a few Christmas Tree scented candles. I have to admit last year, I waited until two weeks before Christmas to put up my tree, but I have a very lively toddler who was just itching to pull the tree on top of her and break every glass ornament in sight. The solution? I put the tree inside the play-pen she loves so much (can you hear the sarcasm in my typing? At least the play-pen wasn’t total waste)
Venture out a pick up a few gifts for the special people in your life. If you’re going the gift care route, make them a little more special by adding something to it. For example, giving a movie gift card. Hit the dollar store and get some movie theater treats and gift it all together in box wrapped up special. I happen to love wrapping presents and it always gets me excited about Christmas.
Here’s another idea, bake some Christmas cookies! Head over to Pinterest, pick your favorite, and bake it!
Now that you are fully into the holiday spirit, give your feet a rest from all the Christmas shopping with celeb manicurist and owner of As U Wish Nail Spa, Skyy Hadley’s at-home Peppermint Candy Cane Foot Scrub! De-stress and unwind in just a few simple steps:
· Warm up ½ cup of coconut oil and pour into a small bowl
· Crush up 3 regular-sized candy canes as finely as possible
· Whisk crushed-up candy canes together with 1 cup of granulated sugar until completely combined
· Mix sugar blend into bowl, making sure to break apart any chunks or pieces with your spoon
· Add in 5-6 drops of peppermint essential oil
· Take 2 tbsp fresh peppermint tea leaves and stir in to the mixture until fully blended
· Work the scrub into your feet and heels for 10 minutes, removing dead skin and smoothing out skin
· Enjoy the refreshing aroma while refreshing and reviving your tired toes in no time!