Tips for Selling on Totspot! If you aren’t saving money and earning money with your kids clothes, you’re doing it wrong! If you haven’t at least heard of Totspot, let me fill you in. It’s an app where you can purchase and sell new and gently used kids (& adults) clothes, shoes and accesories. It’s super easy to sell on Totspot, just download the app (use code BEAUTYBLVD) and start today. Now once you’re ready to start selling follow these tips for selling on Totspot to optimize your sales!
1. Take amazing pictures – If you want to actually sell on Totspot, this is the number one tip you’ll get from anyone. I use my iPhone to take ALL my pictures, it’s just so much easier because once the picture is ready to go I can just list the item. Let’s face it, not all pictures are created equal. In order to get a fabulous picture I use natural lighting when I can get it. I also use a white background to create a crisp look and make my closet look more streamlined. The best app I’ve found for editing photos is PicTapGo, it’s very easy to use and lots of the other Top Tier Sellers on Totspot use it too.
2. Sell Great Items – By great items I do not mean high end items I mean clean, minimal wear, minimal fading, no piling, etc. You want your items to look like new and if they do not be completely honest and complete in your description. The better you explain and describe your items the better.
3. Price it Right – Please do not expect to get retail value for your used items. Why would someone pay a high price for something they can buy in the store brand new for the same price. People want to save money! I understand you want to earn money, but be fair. Got a pair of gently used jeans size 2T? They will sell about $13 or less, if your closet is less popular I would bet on a little bit less. More popular? You might be able to get a little more because there will be several people interested and that bundle notification just might get someone to bite the bullet sooner. Plus it allows you to get multiple people to like your item and then you can reduce the price a little bit. For example, you listed something at $13 and you’ve gotten 10+ likes, you may concern dropping the price. Everyone who liked the item on Totspot will get a notification and hopefully someone will buy.
4. Closet Discounts! Everyone loves feeling like they got an even better deal. Try adding a discount to your Totspot closet, at least 10% Remember, you are allowed to mark some items as “no discount” so it does not have to apply to your rock bottom prices or high end items that you would prefer not to have a discount on.
5. Be Social! The more you share, the more people will share back. Look for Totspot closets with lots of followers. Top Tier Members have at least 1,000 followers, so that’s a good place to start. Join in app share groups and share your own closet often! If you have a few different sizes in your closet, share by size – I’ve found that it helps more if I do it that way.