Fall is right around the corner and on of the things I do more in the Fall is protective style. So when I saw the hairstyle created using Macademia Professional products at the Zang Toi show I wanted to share the how-to. Zang Toi captivated audiences this evening with a stunning Spring/Summer 2017 collection inspired by a “Glorious Giverny Garden.” Lead stylist Eiji Yamane created the “The Perfectly Parisian” hairstyle with an elegantly executed double chignon bun which is a beautiful protective style I had to share!
Double Chignon Protective Style Bun How To:
1. Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion, section hair and blow dry.
- Or let hair air dry and work with your natural texture.
2. Part hair over the left eye moving diagonally to the right side of the head, stopping at the crown.
3. Pull back into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck – pulling tightly to ensure the top of the head is smooth and sleek. Using a curling iron, curl the entire ponytail at once to give slight softness and movement.
- If you have textured hair you can skip curling the hair and let your own fullness take over!
4. Separate ponytail into two sections. Take the left section and curling up; create a large hiding the curls of the newly defined loose bun. Secure with bobby pins and spray with Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray to lock in place.
5. Repeat step 4 with the right section of the ponytail, to create a loose, chic double chignon.
6. Using a comb, gently smooth out all hair that is pulled back one last time and apply Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream to tame any flyaways.
7. To complete the look, liberally spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist for added shine and luster.
Find the Macadamia Products here.